It’s Mental Health Awareness Month! We are sharing photos in social media of #everydaymentalhealth activities we can do to enhance our mental health.
Are you a tea drinker? How does drinking tea usually make you fee? If your answer is more relaxed, soothed, alert, those are some of the benefits of drinking tea. Teas have important ingredients that impact our alertness, help decrease cortisol (stress level), infuse a sense of calm and power up our brain. Do you know it could help with your mental and memory abilities? A study of 2,031 people aged between 70 and 74 found that those who drank tea–which contain micronutrient polyphenols had better cognitive performance. Want more? A study in Japan found that drinking green tea was associated with less psychological distress.
How do I incorporate more tea to my routine?
1. Make a list of your favorite flavors (there are so many tea varieties out there for possibly every taste)
2. Research the ingredients of a particular tea you want to drink and determine how drinking it can benefit you: (more alert, more relaxed)
3. Make it tasty! Add lemon, honey, milk, soy or coconut milk (or you preferred)
4. Cool it up? Don’t like hot tea, ice it up and enjoy it as a fresh drink
5. Build it in in important moments in your day: (with your breakfast, lunch or dinner, before or after a work meeting, in your break, after bed time)
6. If you enjoy it, make it part of your ritual!
Join us in social media this May as we share #everydaymentalhealth photos of activities that enhance our mental health. Share your own photo of an every day activity that promotes wellness and we will enter you on an online raffle to receive a self-care kit with products curated by us.